Homeowner Checklist prior to construction- Mirage Custom Pools,LLC
Permit process – Mirage Custom Pools, LLC
Freeze Protection- Mirage Custom Pools, LLC
Soil Expansion – Mirage Custom Pools, LLC
Plaster Discoloration, Modeling & Brushing- Mirage Custom Pools, LLC
I think I may have a leak in my Pool- Mirage Custom Pools, LLC
Bucket Test – Mirage Custom Pools, LLC
How to Start a work order/warranty repair for my project
Please enter your information below to start a repair/warranty work order for your project. Please attach pictures if applicable of effected area. After submittal, you will be contacted within 3 to 4 business hours by your MCP representative to address your items that need attention.
*Do not call the office and leave this information on a voicemail or email an MCP representative. Starting this work order puts your project directly into our internal scheduling system and ensures timely attention.
MCP Service & Repairs team
Helpful Links for Homeowners
- iAqualink Computer Setup
- Zodiac/Jandy Owners Manuals
- Zodiac/Jandy Technical Support
- Zodiac/Jandy Warranty Information
I Think I Have a Leak!
Water loss can be due to a number of factors. Evaporation is the biggest factor in water loss and can vary due to water features, humidity, sunlight, wind and air/water temperature. Other factors that cause water loss are a plaster or plumbing leak or leaving the backwash line slightly open. Check the p ‐ trap that is commonly located in the front yard flower bed (typically) if you have a DE filter and see if there is any water dripping while the equipment is running. If so, chances are your backwash valve needs to be closed. Also check for any spots in the pool area that have water standing or wet spots. Your warranty covers the repair of plumbing and plaster leaks for a period of one (1) year from the date of plaster. It does not cover leaks caused by factors such as damaged done while digging, overheating equipment and damage done as a result of freezing temperatures. It also does not cover trip charges and leak detection when no leak is found so it is very important to make sure that there is a valid leak before informing Mirage Custom Pools of a possible leak. The best way to determine if you have a leak is to perform a bucket test. Perform the test below and send the results to email@example.com.
The Bucket Test
If you think you have a leak, first check the pool or spa through the following test:
- Take a clean 5 gallon plastic bucket and fill it within 2 inches of the brim using the water from the pool or spa. Place the bucket in the pool or spa so only approximately 3 to 6 inches of the top of the bucket is out of the water. This is usually accomplished by placing the bucket on the built ‐ in steps. (Turn off any automatic pool fill lines first.)
- Next, mark the water level in the bucket with a crayon and mark the pool or spa water line level in two or three places.
- Run the equipment for a full 24 hours and then measure the water loss in both the bucket and in the pool. (Make sure no one uses the pool or spa during this test.) Be sure to shut off any water features (waterfalls, scuppers, sheer descent or rain falls, etc… This will result in a false reading.
- If there is no difference in water loss between the bucket and the pool, the water loss is due to evaporation and there is no leak. If there is a difference then take down the results and proceed to step 5.
- Refill the pool and bucket to the marked levels and shut the equipment off for a full 24 hours and then measure the water loss in both the bucket and in the pool. (Make sure no one uses the pool or spa during this test.)